Entry Level Business Data Analyst
Color Street is a fast growing direct-to-consumer beauty and cosmetics company specializing in nail polish appliqués. Color Street is empowering entrepreneurial Stylists across the U.S. to start their own network marketing businesses, selling an exclusive line of nail polish strips.
As an Entry Level Business Data Analyst, your key objective will be to extract data from multiple sources, and inspect, clean and model the data to discover useful information that the business may need. A large part of the job is creating spreadsheets as well as visual presentations so that managers can understand the data and can use it to make strategic business decisions. This position requires strong analytical thinking, technical and predictive analysis skills.
This position is based in Clifton, NJ, reports to the Director of Operations and will work closely with other departments and leaders to build metric driven analytics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reporting
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical/operational efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data set
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical Skills: will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching.
- Communication Skills: will present findings and easily communicate complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: will look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data precision.
- Math Skills: will need math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Collaborative Skills: will need to work effectively across levels and departments.
- MS Office experience is a must.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to a Business Analysis discipline, or equivalent proven working experience as a data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with MS Excel
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary range expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates may be contacted.